In a horse farm or stable, an attractive PVC vinyl fencing may be the first thing that a visitor will notice.
However, aside from the eye-catching design, the fence is functional and helps manage the horses and influence their behavior in a positive way.
Following are some important things to take into consideration when planning to install PVC vinyl fencing in your farm:
* A fence intended for a horse farm must primarily provide containment for the animals while ensuring efficiency and safety.
* The cost of the investment must be worth every dollar. While a PVC vinyl fence may be more expensive than wood, it definitely is a lot more durable.
* The fence, specifically the materials it is made with, must not only be able to withstand blunt or percussive force; it must also be extremely resilient. The fence must be strong enough to contain horses that may run into it without the fence incurring any major damage, and more importantly, without injuring or hurting the horses.
* A carefully selected and well-designed fencing will allow for more time to manage the horses that would otherwise be spent to maintain the fence. PVC vinyl fencing requires little to no maintenance.
* A lot of horse owners have learned the hard way that whatever savings they make from cheaper types of fencing like barbed wire would eventually be spent to cover vet expenses for the treatment of injured animals.
* A fence is most animal-friendly and effective if it is plainly visible, meaning it provides a good contrast to the background. A white colored fence is therefore ideal. A horse is known to be far-sighted, and even then the fence is very proximate, it has to be substantially visible to the animal so it can be distinguished from the surroundings.
* The fence, aside from having some semblance of “give” that can help minimize injuries in case of collisions, must also be of sufficient height to discourage horses from jumping over. The fence should also have no openings that may possibly trap a hoof or head; and there must be no sharp projections or edges that can possibly cause injuries to horses that may scratch, lean, or fall into it.
* The repairs and maintenance, as well as overseeing of fencing installed on acres upon acres of land or an expansive fence perimeter typically poses a lot of concerns including the size of the budget necessary to undertake such task.
For more information on PVC vinyl fencing, visit www.orlandosteel.com.